Why Point Park University?
Our 30-credit environmental graduate studies program accommodates the schedules of students by offering an accelerated format of evening classes that can be completed in as little as one year.
As the only university directly in Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park offers many unique features in its MSES program, including:
- Highly-experienced faculty who have worked in the environmental field
- Innovative curriculum that provides opportunities for networking, research and internships
- An urban experience for graduate students and the connection to various employers who are just steps from campus
- Evening classes to accommodate busy students
- Small class sizes
MSES Program at a Glance
Full time: One year (four classes per fall and spring; two classes in summer)
|Course Structure||30 credits (10 classes)|
$881 per credit (plus a University fee of $49 and technology fee of $6 per credit)
Graduate assistantships, alumni grants and graduate merit scholarships
Courses & Research Themes
As a Point Park University MSES graduate student, you will gain new perspectives and a broad knowledge of environmental issues from courses in environmental science, law, politics and communication.
Furthermore, depth in a specific theme of environmental studies will prepare you as a leader in problem-solving and communication.
Research themes include:
- Business communication of environmental issues
- Federal & state environmental policymaking
- Land trust conservation & management
- Urban renewal and environmental sustainability
- Wetland ecology & restoration
With a master's degree in environmental studies, you will have the option to pursue various careers in areas such as:
- Conservation science
- Environmental consulting
- Environmental health, safety and sustainability
- Nonprofit public relations
- Outreach and environmental education
For questions and additional details about the Master of Science in environmental studies program, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com or 412-392-3808.