Donald Keller, Ph.D., P.E.
Professor, Electrical Engineering
Coordinator, Electrical Engineering Technology Program
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Direct Current Circuits
- Alternating Current Circuits
- Digital Electronics I
- Microprocessors I
- C Programming for Science and Technology
- Technical Writing
Professor Donald Keller, Ph.D., has been teaching at Point Park University for more than 15 years. Prior to Point Park, he was a computer engineer in the Department of Food Science and Technology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and an electrical engineer for Olver, Inc., both in Blacksburg, Va. Keller also served as a visiting assistant professor, instructor and teaching assistant in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Professional Engineer (Virginia)
- Class A Building and Electrical Contractor (Virginia)
- Master Electrician (Virginia)
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Engineering science and engineering technology education for the modern workplace," (with Mark Farrell, Ph.D.), Pittsburgh Engineer, Spring 2007.
- "Who really invented television?" Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pa., March 2005.
- "An Evaluation of the Hands-Free Capability of Audiovox Family Radio Service Transceivers", consulting report to Malkoff, Doyle & Finberg, P.C., Pittsburgh, Pa. June 2002.
- "Periodic functions and the discrete Fourier transform: a time-domain view," IEEE Transactions on Education, Feb. 1991.
- "Frequency-Domain Analysis of Memoryless Nonlinearities Having Large-Signal, Almost Periodic Excitations," Ph.D. dissertation, May 1988.
- "Calibration of Hewlett-Packard Network Analyzers: A Precision Viewpoint," (with William A. Davis), final contract report to NASA-Langley Research Center, Nov. 1987.
- Network analyzer calibration
- Digital music
- Application of technology to education
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IEEE Society on the Social Implications of Technology
- Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania
- American Society for Engineering Education
Selected Awards and Honors
- Member of Tau Beta Pi honor society
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu honor society
- Member of the advisory board, Engineering Technology at the Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, Pa., 2004-2007
- Engineering consultant, St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church during the reconstruction of their steeple and belfry, Fenelton, Pa., 2001-2004
Point Park Features
- "Engineering Students Design New Annunciator Call System for Turtle Creek Fire Department," Point Park University website, May 31, 2017.
- "Electrical Engineering Major Offered at Point Park for Fall 2016," Point Park University website, April 1, 2016.
- "Engineering Technology Classes Prepared 2015 Graduate to Work With Nuclear Submarines," Point Park University website, Nov. 13, 2015.
- "Bachelor's Degree from Point Park Helps Alumna Advance Her Engineering Career," Point Park University website, April 29, 2015.
- "GAI Consultants Awards Internship to Electrical Engineering Technology Student," Point Park University website, July 30, 2014.
- "Electrical Engineering Technology Student Interns for Bayer Corporation," Point Park University website, Aug. 21, 2013.
- "Mechanical Engineering Technology Alum Lands His Dream Job Right After Graduation," Point Park University website, Nov. 1, 2012.
- "Degrees Help Alumnus Succeed in Engineering Career," Point Park University website, July 17, 2012.
- "Student Excels in Point Park's Electrical Engineering Technology Program," Point Park University website, June 15, 2011.