Civil Engineering Technology Student Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
1. Analyze and design components and systems from each of four civil engineering technology specialties using hand calculations or computer applications.
2. Conduct laboratory and field measurements, process the resulting data and interpret and present the results.
3. Determine materials properties and apply those properties to civil engineering problem solution.
4. Solve engineering technology problems by using computational methods, analytical techniques or software.
5. Solve engineering technology problems by applying principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
6. Collaborate in laboratory and classroom settings to fulfill technical requirements in a timely manner.
7. Produce clear, precise and effective technical documents and oral presentations.
8. Plan and manage technical projects.
9. Be prepared to grow professionally through independent learning, continuing education and participation in technical societies.
10. Take the Fundamentals of Engineering examination as the first step toward professional licensure.
11. Be familiar with the laws and codes governing professional practice.
12. Understand their personal and professional roles in society.