Mechanical Engineering Program Objectives
"Program Educational Objectives" are statements of the knowledge and skills that recent graduates of an educational program are expected to demonstrate in their personal and professional lives. Point Park University faculty, in consultation with the program's industrial advisory committee, have established the four objectives listed below for graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in mechanical engineering. These objectives are reviewed regularly to ensure that they continue to express the core values of the program and the needs of the engineering profession.
1. Graduates will have the basic knowledge and fundamental concepts required by a practicing mechanical engineer.
2. Graduates will show competency in using modern tools for design and analysis.
3. Graduates will demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
4. Graduates will possess effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Graduates will be committed to lifelong learning and self improvement.
6. Graduates will understand the role and responsibilities of a mechanical engineer in society.
BACK TO THE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PROGRAM PAGE