Pre-Medical and Pre-Health Program
Required Courses to Complete the Program
Below are the required courses to successfully complete Point Park's pre-medical and pre-health program. These are the most common courses required nationwide by medical schools and related programs.
- 1 year of general biology
- 1 year of physics with lab
- 1 year of general chemistry (inorganic chemistry) with lab
- 1 year of organic chemistry with lab
- 1 course in calculus or statistics
- 1 year of English
- 1 course in sociology
- 1 course in psychology
- 1 year of upper-division biology
Affiliation with LECOM
A select group of entering freshmen can begin a formal path toward a professional career in medicine through Point Park's pre-medical and pre-health program, and after being accepted into the University's LECOM affiliate program.
This exclusive program will admit up to five students a year for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree path and up to five students a year for the Doctor of Pharmacy degree path.
Learn more about Point Park University's affiliation with LECOM.