Advisory Boards and Co-Directors
Student advisory board
The student advisory board of the Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing is made up of Point Park students interested in careers in sports media and marketing. Members provide valuable input to the co-directors on topics, programs and speakers while serving as the center's ambassadors on campus.
Corporate and alumni advisory board
- Brittany Bishop, marketing assistant, Live Nation Pittsburgh
- Greg Brown, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Leah Brown, senior manager of government and public affairs, Bright House Networks
- Josh Croup, evening anchor/reporter, WDTV
- Mike DeCourcy, college basketball studio analyst, Big Ten Network, college basketball columnist, Sporting News
- Matt Desmond, video producer, Oakland Athletics
- Mike "Doc" Emrick, NHL announcer, NBC
- David Flora, Producer, PGA Tour Entertainment
- Jeff Gregor, CMO & chief catalyst officer, Turner Broadcasting
- Ed Haberle, vice president of North America Sporting Goods, Nike
- Micky Haney, field coordinator, Magilla Entertainment, TLC's Long Island Medium
- Sean Hanrahan, senior VP marketing solutions, ESPN
- Dan Hart, director of media relations, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Tom Kayser, president, Texas League
- Casey McGaw, social media coordinator, Indianapolis Indians
- Jimmy Miller, principal/co-founder, Mosaic Media Group
- Rebekah Mohrmann, media & graphics/promotions assistant, Salem Red Sox
- Bob Pompeani, sports anchor, KDKA-TV
- Krystin Roczko, U.S. field marketing manager, Reebok-CCM Hockey
- Evan Schall, director of communications, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Stephanie Spezialetti, marketing coordinator, ROOT Sports Pittsburgh/Direct TV Networks
- Bob Walsh, director of mobile engineering, NEP
The Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing was established in 2011 by Tom McMillan and Mike Fetchko, both Point Park alumni who are active sports executives in Pittsburgh.
Mike Fetchko has been a senior marketing executive for more than 30 years with an emphasis on sports marketing and is currently owner and managing director of ISM-USA, a private marketing services company based in Pittsburgh. He has created and developed national award-winning programs for clients such as ESPN, Nabisco, AT&T, Coca-Cola and Sony. He also has been an executive with the Cleveland Indians, where he was in-house legal counsel, director of broadcasting and a member of the board of directors, and with the athletic department at Temple University, Philadelphia. Mike is the lead author of a new undergraduate and graduate textbook, "Sports Marketing - Creating-Customer Centered Experiences," due out in 2012 from publisher Prentice-Hall/Pearson Education. While a student at Point Park University, Fetchko was the play-by-play announcer on WPPJ radio during baseball games and a member of the Air Hockey club. He graduated from Point Park in 1978.
Tom McMillan is vice president of communications for the Pittsburgh Penguins, a position he has held for 16 years, and was a charter member of the NHL's Communications Advisory Board. Before that, McMillan spent 18 years in sports media, mostly as a sports writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette but also as a radio talk show host, freelance writer and author. He has covered the Olympics, the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Stanley Cup Finals, the NBA Finals and the MLB, NHL and NBA All-Star games. He recently authored Flight 93: The Story, the Aftermath and the Legacy of American Courage on 9/11. While a student at Point Park, McMillan covered Point Park baseball for The Globe student newspaper, and was Point Park's Air Hockey champion in 1977. He graduated from Point Park in 1978.