Wood Street Communications
The Department of Community Engagement and the School of Communication operates Wood Street Communications, an initiative to help connect nonprofits seeking assistance with communications services with Point Park students.
Wood Street Communications students are enrolled in a practicum course or an integrated marketing capstone class and select courses in photo, video, design and public relations. Students can also participate as part of their practicum, apprenticeship or apply for freelance work.
Students gain hands-on professional experience providing the following services to clients:
- Event planning
- Graphic design
- Press releases and media kits
- Social media strategy
Wood Street Communications is proud to have served more than 200 clients, some of which include:
- Allegheny County/City of Pittsburgh
- American Heart Association
- Gateway Health
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hilltop Urban Farm
- March of Dimes
- Media Association of Pittsburgh
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- National Center for Juvenile Justice
- Northside Common Ministries
- Pittsburgh Aids Task Force
To learn more, visit the Wood Street Communications website.
Heather Starr Fiedler, director
Lindsay Haslett, graduate assistant