Point Park University begins the disbursement of aid after the add/drop period of each semester.
On Time Disbursement
- In order for a student’s aid to be disbursed on the scheduled disbursement day, the student must have all documents received and reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Each student’s enrollment status will be evaluated before a disbursement is made to ensure that the student is receiving the proper aid for their enrollment status.
- Any student who needs to have their aid reevaluated due to a change in enrollment will be repackaged and notified of their new aid eligibility as quickly as possible after the initial disbursement date.
- After the initial disbursement date, the aid will be transferred onto the student’s account on a weekly basis for students who have completed the financial aid application and/or verification process in the interim.
Disbursement of Loans and State Grants
- Federal loan programs may have different requirements for disbursement. The second disbursement is at the midpoint of the semester calendar. Students can access their individual Federal Direct Loan disbursements online at www.studentloans.gov.
- In addition, a student who was awarded a Federal Perkins Loan will have to complete an entrance interview and a Master Promissory Note online before the Federal Perkins Loan will be disbursed onto the account.
- Pennsylvania State Grant disbursements usually occur after the initial disbursement of federal and institutional grants and loans due to the verification of the receipt of the Pennsylvania State Grant funds.