International Transfer Student Admission Help Transferring to Point Park University
Applying as a transfer student to a U.S. university doesn't have to be complicated - and it's not at Point Park University. Ours is a simple process, as everything is handled here in our ISSE Office. We're a single point of contact to help you through the entire process - from completing the application; to acceptance, scholarship and transfer credit review in house; to immigration documentation and more.
- Completed and signed application Apply Now
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results (Point Park University TOEFL Institutional Code is 2676) and/or SAT/ACT results.
- Official transcripts of previous education with English translation. Due to transcript issues, students from Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria must go through World Education Services or International Consultants of Delaware for transcript evaluation and verification. NO ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS FROM STUDENTS OR INSTITUTIONS ORIGINATING FROM CAMEROON, GHANA OR NIGERIA WILL BE PROCESSED FOR ACCEPTANCE. For more information please visit World Education Services or International Consultants of Delaware.
If applicant is currently studying at a U.S. institution, the following is also required:
- Photocopies of all previously issued I-20s
- A photocopy of the I-94 card in your passport
- A photocopy of the visa and photo pages in your passport
- Advisor Report Form for International Student Transfer, sent directly from the previous institution to Point Park University.
- TOEFL: Minimum 500 (61 Internet-based test), OR...
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0; OR...
- Two university-level English Composition courses (level 100 or higher) from a U.S. institution with final grades of "B" or higher (online composition courses WILL NOT be considered for admission purposes)
- Minimum GPA: A cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Forward all items to:
Point Park University
International Student Services & Enrollment
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984, U.S.A.
English Language Proficiency
Point Park University, in partnership with Duquesne University , University of Pittsburgh and ELS Language Center, provides a variety of options in English language instruction. Successful completion of these programs allows you to matriculate to Point Park without taking the TOEFL or IELTS test to most of our programs. Conditional admission may also be offered upon eventual successful completion of these programs or one of Point Park's accepted standardized tests such as the TOEFL or IELTS .
Conditional Admission and TOEFL/IELTS Waivers
Point Park University will accept successful completion of the following programs as satisfying the requirements for English proficiency:
- Duquesne University ESL Program Advanced Level B
- ELS Language Center Intensive Level 112
- University of Pittsburgh English Language Institute full-time level 5 or 6 with an overall average of 80%
Please let the ISSE Office staff know if you plan to enroll in or are currently a student at one of our partner institutions