What is Conditional Admittance?
- Conditional admittance may be offered to select freshman applicants who do not meet the minimum admission requirements but show potential for success
- Applicants with lower cumulative GPAs, academic GPAs, class rank, and/or standardized test scores may be offered conditional admittance
- Conditional admittance requires that students successfully complete FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS.
What is FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS?
- FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS is an intensive, course designed to explore key knowledge, skills and attitudes that increase preparedness for the freshman academic experience.
- Students arrive on campus before the start of the fall semester in order to take course work designed to build information literacy skills and effective learning strategies.
- Students also complete preparatory assignments prior to the start of FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS classes and complete follow-up activities during their first year.
- Students earn two elective credits by successfully completing all FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS requirements.
Benefits for FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS students
- Exploration of qualities that correlate with success during the freshman year and beyond
- Opportunity for self-assessment, goal-setting and planning for change
- Regular meetings with student success coordinators
- Tips for thriving in an environment that values and encourages academic excellence
- Access to a personal research coach during the freshman year
- Ability to move into the residence halls two weeks early
FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS Costs
- Fall full-time tuition charges include the tuition for the FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS course
- $175 food service charge for students moving into the residence halls early for FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Price of assigned textbooks and materials