Camp Hollywood July 8 to July 18, 2019
Updated: July 3, 2019 - Program Closed
During this two-week workshop, students will write, direct and edit their own short film. When students' are not directing, they will work on other projects to run the camera, sound equipment and even act.
Camp Hollywood will teach you the essentials of how to make a great movie. You’ll learn how to operate and color balance a digital video camera and how to use and optimize Adobe Premiere editing software to polish your production. At the end of the camp, all the films will be screened at a mini film festival.
Please note: Some examples and films used in the class may include R-rated material.
Students 16 and older may choose to live on campus in Point Park University residence halls that are supervised by a resident advisor. All facilities are monitored by a security staff and cameras.
Program Begins: Monday, July 8, 2019
Program Ends: Thursday, July 18, 2019
Student film festival will take place the evening of Thursday, July 19, in the George Rowland White Auditorium.
Students entering 9th through 12th grade and recent high school graduates
Tuition: (full payment due at time of registration)
Tuition: $1,295 (includes daily buffet lunch)
- Check-in: Monday, July 8, at 9:30 a.m. in lobby of Academic Hall
Tuition: $2,100 (three meals weekdays, brunch and dinner Saturday & Sunday)
- Check-in: Sunday, July 7, between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Check-out: Thursday, July 17, or Friday, July 19
* Students must be at least 16 years of age to live on campus in a residence hall.
For more information, please call 412-392-3457.
PLEASE NOTE: A $100 non-refundable deposit is required with the registration form. If the program becomes full prior to receiving your registration, your deposit will NOT be processed, and the student will be placed on a wait list. Should another student drop out, we will call to confirm if the student is still interested. If so, we will deposit your $100, if not we will return your deposit since you were never officially registered for the program. The non-refundable deposit is only valid for confirmed registered students.
- Full Payment due no later than June 3
- Withdraw before June 2: $100 non-refundable
- Withdraw from June 3 to June 19: $350 non refundable - 75% of tuition refundable.
- Withdraw from June 20 to July 3: $500 non-refundable - 60% of tuition refundable.
- Withdraw From July 4 to July 7: $650 non-refundable.
- Withdraw after the start or during the program - NO REFUND. However, students will receive a $650 Credit Certificate to be used for another non credit program up to one year.