Part-time Secretarial/Clerical Union Employees
Local 32BJ SEIU Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer you the following package:
- Paid Vacation: Up to (5) prorated days. (Additional days added for years of service--see Union Contract.) Days are available for use after 90-day introductory day period.
- Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Break (normally from Christmas Eve Day through and including New Year's Day), plus two floating holidays.
- Personal Day: One (1) day or ½ day, dependent upon hire date (see Contract): one (1) personal day granted per calendar year after first calendar year of employment.
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs: Full tuition remission (fees included) after 90-day introductory period for employee, spouse and dependent children, 11credits per semester; Graduate Programs: Tuition remission (fees included) up to 6 credits after 90-day introductory period for employee, 50% tuition remission for spouse and dependent children; Graduate remission taxable according to IRS Guidelines. University fees are included in tuition remission per contract. Also, tuition remission does not include classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
- Retirement Plan- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. Employee may choose between two vendors; TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments.
- Retirement Plan- GRA Retirement Plan (GRA): Part-time employees become eligible for participation in the Group Retirement Annuity (GRA, matched contribution plan) after completing one year of employment during which at least 1000 "hours of service" are credited. In this case, the part-time employee who is credited with at least 1000 hours during his or her first 12 months of employment may enter the plan the month following 12 months of employment. Such employees who are not credited with at least 1000 hours during their first 12 months become eligible only after being credited with at least 1000 hours during any one calendar year that begins after date of hire and if achieved, may enter the plan the first day of the following year.
Example: A part-time employee is hired on March 3, 2010. Through March 2, 2011 the employee is credited with less than 1000 hours. The employee is not eligible to enter the plan on April 1, 2011 or during the remainder of 2011. Hours credited for the 2011 calendar year are reviewed at the end of 2011. If at least 1000 hours have been credited for the 2011 calendar year, the employee may enter the plan on January 1, 2012. If at least 1000 hours have not been credited during 2011, the employee may not enter the plan earlier than January 1, 2013 and then only if at least 1000 hours are credited for 2012. Subsequent years are reviewed in the same way until the employee meets the minimum 1000-hour requirement during one calendar year.
Employee can contribute 2%, 3%, 4%, or 5% of gross monthly wages; University contributes one and a half times the amount of employee contributions. Employees may contribute more than 5% of wages, but no University match is made on contributions above 5%. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. No automatic enrollment. Employee may choose between two vendors; TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments. Employee must contact Human Resources to enroll.
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X244. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- Pittsburgh Playhouse Discount: 20% discount on most performances. Call box office to reserve tickets at 412-621-4445. Also, visit www.pittsburghplayhouse.com for a performance schedule.
- Li berty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter's insurance through Liberty Mutual's Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 364-1130 ext. 54713 or customer service 1-800-208-3063.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package. A more detailed description appears in the Staff Handbook and in your Union Contract. If you would like to participate in any of the above programs, please contact Human Resources for corresponding paperwork and controlling plan documents.