Graduate Assistant- Point Park Online
Position: Graduate Assistant
Department: Point Park Online
Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs
Primary Function: Work with Assistant Vice President and staff to research academic programs and courses as well as benchmark university programs to research and engage in best practices for teaching and delivery in online and hybrid modalities.
- Assist in developing online program identity
- Create content for students and faculty orientation courses
- Develop academic affairs outreach to online students
- Work with instructional designers and faculty for content development
- Research competing online programs
- Update Online Instructor Resource Center
- Develop presentations and present to the university body
- Employ research and technical skills as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Term of appointment : Beginning August 2018, and is renewable each academic year, based on performance and need.
Rate of Pay : $10.00/hour plus fully paid tuition and fees.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- 3.50 GPA in undergraduate major
- 3.25 GPA overall
- Students must be enrolled in graduate classes within their program each semester they receive Graduate Assistant pay.
Additional Requirements : Graduate Assistant positions require up to 20 hours of on-campus project-based work per week. Applicants for this assistantship must apply and be admitted to one of the following degree programs at Point Park University: Ed.D. in Leadership and Administration; Ph.D. in Community engagement; or one of the three M.A. programs the School of Communication. The selected candidate must commit to enrolling in a minimum of six (6) credits during each term for doctoral programs, or nine (9) credits each term for master's programs. The application processes for the graduate program and graduate assistantships are separate.
Qualified applicants should submit, by August 1, 2018,, by mail or email (preferred) a letter of application, resume, official undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts, and at least two letters of recommendation to:
Point Park Online
Point Park University
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984
Point Park University is an equal opportunity employer.