POSITION: Assistant Prop Master
REPORTS TO: Prop Master
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in technical theatre (or equivalent education, skills and experience); minimum two year related professional work experience in the theatre. Skilled at fabrication, carpentry, upholstering, and general prop execution.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist Prop Master with props budget and prop shop organization; assist in the script analysis, research, design and construction of props, furniture and set dressings for all Playhouse events; assist in supervising backstage prop deck operations for Playhouse productions.
- Assist in building, buying, borrowing, and altering props.
- Assume Prop Master responsibilities on individual productions if needed.
- Responsible for all furniture and set dressing and all working props under the guidance of and in conjunction with the Prop Master and Technical Director.
- Supervise student crews.
- Neatly maintain stock props in storage areas.
- Responsible for shopping when asked.
- Coordinate prop loans to students.
- Attend all technical rehearsals and designer runs unless otherwise directed by the Prop Master.
- Maintain shop tools and work areas.
- Attend production meetings.
- Adhere to budgetary parameters.
- Read and make suggestions/recommendations of all seasonal scripts.
- Check daily stage manager rehearsal and performance reports for notes concerning props, furniture or set dressing pieces that need to be procured, repaired or replaced.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- ASSISTANT PROP MASTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.