POSITION: Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum five years experience performing executive administrative duties. Experience in higher education preferred. Prior experience using Microsoft Office; familiarity with DonorPro and Jenzabar preferred; and strong communication, organizational and time management skills. A demonstrated success for interacting with administrators, faculty, trustees, volunteer leaders, donors and prospects. Successful track record of team building and staff supervision.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with DonorPro or similar constituent relations database
- Experience with special events
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Coordinate and perform executive services and administrative functions in support of the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations offices.
- Provide executive administrative support for the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Supports and act as an integral part of the development and development data resources teams.
- Manage the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations’ schedule, including coordinating his/her schedule with the President’s Office and the Deans of the Schools; arranging and confirming stewardship and cultivation appointments with donors and board of trustees members; collecting, preparing and developing background materials, agendas, and notes; arranging and reserving meeting locations and catering arrangements; composing, preparing and editing outgoing correspondence and presentation materials; coordinating and arranging travel including airline, hotel and ground transportation; and other items needed to support the Vice President’s daily schedule.
- Performs analysis of campaign revenue, prospect management, prospect identification and ensures accurate data entry.
- Arrange and participate in, as directed, staff, trustee and volunteer meetings including taking notes.
- Maintain effective working relationships with board of trustee members, office staff, faculty, students, parents, administrators, friends of the university, alumni and volunteers.
- Coordinate with the Director of Development Resources on database requests for capital campaign purposes and other fundraising and event programs.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Compose routine correspondence, proofread letters, documents and memos.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet development, mail merge documents, and other clerical duties as required for capital campaign and development functions.
- Protect confidential information regarding donors, future projects, and executive team decisions; maintain confidential contact reports for DonorPro, including personal information and amounts of gifts.
- Make decisions and coordinate projects in various stages of planning and execution.
- Transcribe minutes for the Board of Trustees Development Committee, and distribute copies to Development Committee members; coordinate Development Committee meetings, including creating booklets, food arrangements and agenda items.
- Maintains records and reports for the Committee on Trustees
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
- Complete special projects and assignments.
- Manage calendar and travel arrangements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT TO THE VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.