POSITION: Box Office Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
REQUIREMENTS: High School Education (advanced course work in business, accounting, or related field preferred), college degree preferred, plus a minium of two years related experience in box office or ticket sales operations, customer service or closely related field; computer skills (experience with computerized ticketing system a plus); and strong figure aptitude and detail oriented.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with processing functions and administrative details related to Box Office operations and ticketing services.
- Assist the Business Manager with all aspects of Box Office sales, customer relations, work-study and apprenticeship supervision and scheduling.
- Using computerized ticketing system, sell tickets by phone, mail and at window. Conduct cash, check and credit card transactions; opening duties include: boot computer ticketing system, boot NDC credit card server, verify all case boxes; closing duties include: run end of day report, reconcile EOD report to actual deposit, check report for errors and correct, run NDC report (credit card), reconcile NDC report to PASS system report, balance and settle NDC system, run computer system; Run computer system back-up, verify cash boxes and prepare all closing paperwork (per capita etc.) and give to business manager.
- Provide customer information on field trips and groups. Book field trips and groups and maintain accounting information on computer, including receiving deposits and collecting balances on accounts.
- Exchange subscription tickets
- Verify daily deposits and prepare deposit sheet; organize deposits for delivery to Point Park University Cashier; check the change and make trips to the bank for change as necessary.
- Answer all switchboard calls for the Playhouse complex; direct calls to the proper Playhouse or PPC extension; provide public information on shows, dates, time, prices, etc.
- Provide customer services including program solving, providing accounting information, handling complaints and questions, etc.
- Train and supervise student work-studies and apprentices in all aspects of box office duties.
- Sort, deliver and process box office mail.
- Assist in special events as needed including processing opening night reservations.
- Assist Business manager as needed.
- Provide sales, attendance and other figures to the Dean, Managing Producer, Business Manager, Director of Finance and Budgets, Managing Director, and Marketing Director.
- Assist in the processing of donation requests.
- Assist in the design and distribution of printed materials used for single ticket announcements and instructional sheets.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, current mailing list of 20,000 names.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.