Desktop Support Technician I
POSITION: Desktop Support Technician I
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Help Desk Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide quality onsite and remote technical support for students, faculty and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES (Education, Training, or related experience): Associates Degree or equivalent experience in the IT field troubleshooting computers, servers, or networks; basic knowledge of Windows PC configuration and administration; basic knowledge of Mac OS X configuration and administration; familiarity with computer hardware; experience with a work order or ticketing system preferred; CompTIA A+ or Apple ACMT certifications preferred; experience with image deployment preferred.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Work occasional evenings/weekends
- PA Act 153 clearances (state police, child abuse, FBI)
- Standard background check (Federal, State, Local criminal checks; academic verification)
- Accuracy in work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbally and in writing
- Uses high level of judgment and able to maintain confidentiality Ability to work as part of team
- Spirit of Collegiality - Maintains a sense of courtesy, respect, professionalism, and enthusiasm when interacting with faculty, staff and students.
- Fosters culture of Mission Statement's dedication to delivering a quality experience for our students.
- Exemplifies a positive attitude toward diversity on campus.
- Fosters a culture of excellence and working for continuous process improvements in customer service.
- Shows positive attitude and approach to work, students, faculty, staff, and external customers.
- Uses good and ethical judgment in decision making that is in line with Point Park University's mission/vision, department objectives and Code of Conduct.
- Attendance and punctuality
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answer support requests from email, ticketing system, walk-ins and phone calls.
2. Perform field service calls to university-owned buildings local to Pittsburgh
3. Troubleshoot, upgrade, service, and repair university-owned computers
4. Hardware and software deployment
5. Create and modify Active Directory user accounts
6. Create and modify Microsoft Exchange mailboxes
7. Troubleshoot and repair university-owned printers
8. Assist end users on how to connect to the campus network
1. Assist in supervising and training student workers
2. Maintain inventory of lab supplies
3. Additional duties as assigned
Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN I - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the United States.