POSITION: Development and Alumni Relations Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent. Minimum five years experience performing executive administrative duties; experience with non-profit fundraising and event coordination. Experience in higher education development or advancement department preferred. Prior experience using Microsoft Office; familiarity with DonorPro and Jenzabar preferred or other donor data base; and, strong communication, organizational and time management skills with a focus on project management.
Demonstrated success for interacting with administrators, faculty, trustees, volunteer leaders, donors and prospects. Successful track record of team building and staff supervision.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with DonorPro or similar constituent relations database
- Experience with special events and project management
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exception customer service skills, including the ability to respond to donors, internal staff and others in a professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly manner
Provide the Associate Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations with executive services, administrative and project management support to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the department including budget responsibilities, fundraising, alumni engagement, stewardship, communications, data resources, target-specific campaigns, engagement events, donor management and coordination of volunteer board/committee meetings.
- Provide executive administrative and program management support in all areas of the department including coordination of the Associate Vice President’s management responsibilities for all direct reports.
- Manage the Associate Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations’ schedule, including coordinating his/her schedule with the appropriate university senior level offices, President’s Office, Deans of the Schools and faculty and staff; arranging and confirming stewardship and cultivation appointments with donors and board of trustees members; collecting, preparing and developing background materials, agendas, and notes; arranging and reserving meeting locations and catering arrangements; composing, preparing and editing outgoing correspondence and presentation materials; coordinating and arranging travel including airline, hotel and ground transportation; and other items needed to support the Associate Vice President’s daily schedule.
- Maintain the budget records and account expenditures for the department; analyze, project and forecast internal budgets; run budget analysis reports in Jenzabar; and, convey budget status to appropriate personnel.
- Arranges and participates in, as directed, staff and volunteer meetings including taking notes.
- Manage and have responsibility for overall coordination of the administrative office and development-related support areas.
- Supports and acts as an integral part of the development and alumni relations team.
- Works with the AVP to coordinate with all managers and staff requests for various fundraising, data support and engagement programs conducted on behalf of the department.
- Conducts independent analysis of programs, initiatives, progress toward goals and evaluation of operational plans.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Compose routine correspondence, proofread letters, documents and memos.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet development, mail merge documents, and other clerical duties as required for development, event and program functions.
- Protect confidential information regarding donors, future projects, and executive team decisions; maintain confidential contact reports for DonorPro, including personal information and amounts of gifts.
- Make decisions and coordinate projects in various stages of planning and execution.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
- Complete special projects and assignments.
- Manage calendar and travel arrangements.
- Liaise with Board members as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.