POSITION: Director of Center for Student Success
DEPARTMENT: Office of Academic and Student Affairs
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree preferred. Supervision of staff is essential. Five to seven years of higher education experience. Evidence of strong leadership, organizational, analytical, and problem resolution skills are required. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are necessary. The candidate must possess high integrity and ethics. A positive student academic success oriented attitude is needed for the position.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Position is responsible for directing administrative functions and processes to support academic success and student retention. Support the academic vision and mission of the University.
- Manage a staff of Coordinators to drive student success initiatives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Coordinators within the Center for Student Success to maximize existing and establish new student success programs and initiatives.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student records and adhere to the requirements of FERPA.
- Oversee and manage the integration of retention tools, such as Jenzabar Finishline and the College Student Inventory to ensure maximum utility and success.
- Coordination of the center’s daily advising activities.
- Ensure collaboration and support of faculty advising services to students.
- Foster positive relationships with students and faculty that contribute to an environment of academic engagement.
- Assist in development and maintenance of online academic advising and support services in conjunction with the Registrar and Department of Information Technology.
- Primary resource for faculty, staff and students with issues regarding academic advisement support.
- Identify patterns in interrupted student degree completion (withdrawal, probation, course failures) and develop strategies to support academic school student retention strategies.
- Identify students at risk and develop programs for early warning systems and remedies to improve academic success.
- Work in collaboration with Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, and academic schools to promote student success.
- Develop student degree completion goals and obtainment.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and managing professional networks and organizations relevant to retention and student success, including maintaining basic knowledge of the University’s tools and systems, such as Jenzabar and Finishline.
- Utilize data to manage new and continuing student enrollment and work with Institutional Research to maximize analysis and use of existing data and create new data as needed to achieve goals related to student success.
- Develop and maintain reports to track and communicate status of multiple projects undertaken by the Center for Student Success.
- Develop academic success plans for special student populations to improve retention and degree completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF CENTER FOR STUDENT SUCCESS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.