JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - COPA
DEPARTMENT: Conservatory of Performing Arts/Pittsburgh Playhouse
REPORT TO: Vice President/Artistic Director
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred; minimum of 5-7 years marketing/PR experience with particular focus in arts-related fields. Experience in higher education a plus; and the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven record of success in creation and implementation of both large and small scale revenue generating campaigns
- Expertise in the application of fundamental marketing/public relation’s theories and practices for performing arts organizations.
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and resource management
- Strong computer competence and arts software systems.
- Outstanding organizational, copywriting, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven, hands-on experience in media relations, media planning and buying, direct, email, and social media initiatives, and digital marketing.
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all marketing, public relations, and communication activities. This position is a member of the Pittsburgh Playhouse’s senior management team and reports to the VP/Artistic Director. S/he will closely with the Artistic Director and Producing Director in the development of strategic planning. This position will also work with the Conservatory’s recruitment staff, Marketing and Communications, and Admissions to develop and implement marketing initiatives focused on recruitment of undergraduate and graduate COPA students.
- Crafting and executing strategic annual marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Manage growth in audience size among subscribers and single ticket holders
- Manage the effective growth and evolution of the Conservatory of Performing Arts and Pittsburgh Playhouse’s brand both locally and nationally
- Collaborate with the University’s Conference and Events Director, and when appropriate, the Director of Alumni Relations and other Development and Alumni Relations staff to facilitate and help execute COPA and Playhouse related events.
- Coordination of design, and distribution of all marketing material which integrates Point Park University's and the Pittsburgh Playhouse’s overall brand and ensures consistent use brand messages and architecture.
- Creation and implementation of direct mail, e- marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Assume all editorial responsibilities, in collaboration with the Artistic Director, of the Pittsburgh Playhouse website.
- Identify, develop, and manage the Playhouse’s Conservatory Circle and its members.
- Participate in the planning and execution of community engagement and audience development events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervision of activities related to all press relations including creation and distribution of press releases and materials.
- Cultivate productive relationships with members of the local, regional, and national media.
- Secure reviewing press from local, regional, and national sources as well as previewing and listing in all forms of media.
- Coordinate all promotional events and activities, press conferences, and audience development.
- Participate in the planning and execution of community engagement events.
- Coordinate all Playhouse photography, both production and social.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to:
Office of the Dean, Conservatory of Performing Arts
Point Park University
201 Wood Street, Suite 625 LH
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - COPA - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.