DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Director of Physical Plant
Knowledge of the standard methods, procedures, and various types of locks and tools used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of locks, doors and hardware. A working knowledge of the latest locks, locking systems and electronic security devices, including BEST, KESO, Schlage, and Sergeant systems. Knowledge of electronic access standard methods and procedures used in the installation and programming of electronic access systems. Knowledge of access equipment, card access control panels, card readers, and other electronic access equipment. Completion of apprentice or vocational program or an equivalent combination of training and education; minimum five (5) years experience in commercial construction and carpentry; ability to climb ladders, scaffolds, high lifts, operate all power and hand tools, and lift up to 100# weights
Install, repair and maintain all major types of locks, door closures, and panic hardware systems. Perform all construction and carpentry duties as required.
- Installs locking system (e.g. doors, door hardware, closures, panic hardware, changes lock combinations, security bolts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a safe, comfortable and operating condition.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys (e.g. building and vehicle keys, file cabinets, desks, cabinets, intrusion alarms, lost or stolen locks/keys, etc.) for the purpose of providing the University with a master key system and ensuring security of its facilities.
- Repairs various items, systems and/or components (e.g. locks, worn tumblers, shortens tumblers, springs, changes combinations, exist hardware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance.
- Fabricates unique locks and locking devices for the purpose of meeting the specialized security problems within the district.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of security systems for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain systems.
- Performs minor repair or modifications to door and/or frame for the purpose of ensuring proper closing and security.
- Re-keys locks and changes combinations for the purpose of ensuring security of facilities.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Construction of walls and partitions of all types
- Installation of acoustical ceilings
- Installation of doors and door hardware
- Installation of carpet and base
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned work orders in a timely manner
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Assists other trades as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - LOCKSMITH/CARPENTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.