POSITION: Manager of Social Media
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Online Communications, Office of Enrollment Marketing
OVERVIEW: Point Park brings a unique energy and vitality to Downtown Pittsburgh. Each of our nearly 4,000 students has an interesting story to tell. Our faculty members bring real-world experience and academic rigor into their classrooms, labs, studios and stages. Our campus is Pittsburgh, a world-class city offering endless opportunities.
We’re looking for the right person to fire up our social media with content, campaigns and other engagement techniques that are creative, fun, strategic – and measureable. The goal is to help visitors, especially prospective students and their families, explore all Point Park has to offer, from opportunities to outcomes.
We’re looking to fill this position as soon as possible. If you have solid social media chops, at least a few years of professional experience, enjoy being part of a creative online team and think you might be the right person for the job, read on!
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field with a preference for a minimum of 4-5 years of professional communications experience overall and minimum of 2 years with social media, preferably in a higher education environment. Excellent skills in written and verbal communication; multimedia skills (still photography and videography) strongly preferred. Must love working with prospective Point Park students, their families and current college students.
- Experience in social media marketing, including creative and imaginative campaigns, contests and other strategies that drive user engagement. Understanding of how different demographic groups, including prospective students of all ages and their families, use social media. Ability to demonstrate social media outcomes and ROI using analytics tools, well beyond likes, follows and shares.
- Highly professional and collegial work style, with the ability to work in a collaborative and constructive manner, to exercise good judgment in rapidly evolving situations, and to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The manager serves as the lead social media professional for Point Park official SM channels and is a member the Enrollment Marketing team. The manager will work with all offices within Enrollment Management to enhance student recruitment efforts in support of the University’s enrollment goals. In addition, the manager will collaborate with offices and departments across campus to enhance the Point Park brand and image.
- Lead the day-to-day management of Point Park University’s official social media channels for engagement with target audiences, particularly prospective students and their parents and families. Channels include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram. Provide support for additional social media channels, including but not limited to YouTube, LinkedIn ,Google+, and Flickr.
- Understand the unique characteristics of each social media channel in use by Enrollment Marketing; tailor content and engagement to best leverage those environments and mitigate risk. Follow updates and changing functionalities for those channels; make recommendations for best leveraging new features or limitations; lead training for colleagues as needed. Manage account access.
- Create original social media content; develop fun and imaginative campaigns to promote user participation, engagement and conversions by target audiences.
- Recruit and supervise a social media intern, providing substantial duties and experiences to support the social media effort and provide an in-depth learning experience for the student.
- Follow social media industry news to identify and anticipate emerging practices, platforms and technologies, and to evaluate their usefulness to Point Park. Make recommendations about implementing or discontinuing social media channels as circumstances evolve. Attend conferences and participate in professional organizations and forums to stay abreast of latest trends and tactics.
- Develop social media best practices guidelines for Point Park. Serve as a consultant to other social media managers at the University to help ensure brand and message consistency.
- Maintain working knowledge of each social media channel’s analytics tools and use them to evaluate ROI. Sprout Social experience preferred. Utilize Google Analytics’ social media module to evaluate social media outcomes on the University’s external website, PointPark.edu. Generate regular reports showing social media engagement, impact and outcomes, with reports to include analysis and recommendations.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices for SEO and how to apply those strategies to social media channels and content.
- Serve as key member of crisis communications online team, taking lead role for posting messages on social media channels.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - MANAGER OF SOCIAL MEDIA - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.