POSITION: REGISTRATION COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
REPORTS TO: Senior Assistant Registrar
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience.
Minimum two years related work experience, preferably in higher education. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student service oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays if necessary. Work schedule is 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
Perform a variety of administrative functions in support of the student records function of the Office of the University Registrar. Responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of department services and functions as well as knowledge of FERPA governing the maintenance and processing of student records.
- Oversee National Student Loan Clearinghouse (NSLC) process regarding requests for student transcripts. Review financial clearance status with student accounts, communicate reasons to NSLC when transcripts cannot be released.
- Oversee degree verifications and student enrollment verification with NSLC.
- Process registrations, schedule changes, course withdrawals, complete withdrawals, independent studies, and internships. Check registration screens for re-admission clearance, probation, immunization, closed classes, repeated classes, etc.
- Create and generate student correspondence concerning events.
- Responsible for overseeing distribution of appropriate departmental mail.
- Maintain Emergency Contacts student data and address changes.
- Processing and recording of all student forms, such as change of majors.
- Manage departmental front office including supplies inventory and coordinating facilities requests.
- Greet students, faculty and staff. Answer departmental phones. Respond to student inquiries and direct and refer students to appropriate academic support areas.
- Organize and maintain file systems.
- Oversee student workers pertaining to records maintenance
- Provide administrative support for University Registrar, Associate Registrar and Sr. Assistant Registrar.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of FERPA as it applies to student records.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - REGISTRATION COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the United States.