Student Records Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Clerk IV (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar
REPORTS TO: Director, Articulation and Certification
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience.
Minimum two years related work experience, preferably in higher education. Student service oriented. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary.
Perform a variety of administrative functions in support of the Director, Articulation and Certification as well as needs of the Office of the University Registrar. Responsibilities require a knowledge of transfer credit rules and procedures as well as basic functions of the Point Park University Registrar’s Office. Knowledge of the Buckley Amendment (FERPA) governing the maintenance and processing of student records is required.
- Coordination with the undergraduate and graduate admissions offices to obtain official transcripts for transfer students requesting transfer course evaluations.
- Assist Director, Articulation and Certification with obtaining catalog course descriptions and content from various colleges and universities.
- Assist Registrar staff with data entry of various student records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT RECORDS CLERK - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the United States.