Co-Op: Information for Employers #PointParkWorksForYou
Become a Partner Company and Have Access to Our Co-Op Students
We have developed strong relationships with local companies since our University's founding in 1960, educating students in career-focused programs taught by faculty who work in their fields.
Companies have found success working with our Career Development Center to recruit skilled interns and employees.
Strengthening this important connection between educating students and preparing the future workforce, we have established a cooperative education program, or co-op, currently offered to our Rowland School of Business undergraduate students.
Students in the following majors are available for you to consider for a co-op position at your company:
- Business management
- Economics and finance
- Human resource management
- Information technology
- Organizational leadership
- Public administration
- Sports, arts and entertainment management
What It Means to Be a Partner Company
Learn what it means to be a partner company and discover the benefits it can provide for your company.
- Interview pre-screened candidates; employ a third- or fourth-year Rowland School of Business student (in one of the majors listed above) in a full-time, entry-level position for one or two academic semesters. The student may also receive academic credit.
- Expose the student to all areas of the business, with engagement in daily operations to help deliver results for your company.
- Evaluate the student according to the company's probationary employment policies.
Benefits to Your Company
- A temporary employee already vetted as competent and dependable, working daily to accomplish company goals
- A cooperative student-training plan designed with your input
- Opportunity to groom a young adult already knowledgeable about your company for a full-time position upon graduation
- Guidance from Point Park's co-op director as needed throughout student employment
Sign Up to Be a Partner Company
If you are interested in becoming a partner company, complete this online form. For questions or more information, contact:
Cooperative Education Specialist