Point Park welcomes visitors for Family Weekend 2011
More than 500 family members take part in annual tradition
More than 500 family members of Point Park students converged on the University Oct. 14-16 for the annual Family Weekend, which offers a variety of activities and events for families to spend time with their students on campus and in Downtown Pittsburgh.
The weekend opened with a President's Reception in the Lawrence Hall lobby on Friday evening, and continued with a full schedule all day Saturday into the evening, and concluding with a Sunday brunch in the Lawrence Hall Dining Room.
Weekend events included:
- An Evening of Rising Stars dance and theatre performances and film screenings by Conservatory of Performing Arts students
- Shuttles and tickets to top Pittsburgh attractions including the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Heinz History Center, Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium
- Explore Pitsburgh shuttle to Station Square, South Side Works and the Strip District
- Volley for Vision athletic event to raise money in the fight against eye disease
- Exhibit of images by student photojournalists
- Horse-drawn carriage rides through campus and Downtown Pittsburgh
Family Weekend has become a much-anticipated tradition for Point Park each fall. Parents and families should watch for invitations for next year's event, and please plan to attend. We'd love to have you!
Photos by senior photojournalism major Karen Bullock