Here are some things that you need to know:
- Submit your housing contract online and select the returning/current resident student contract.
- In order to participate in the housing selection process a returning/current contract must be submitted no later than March 14, 2014. All students, including current residents, must submit a returning/current student contract.
- Any student not currently in the residence halls, wanting to be a part of housing selection, must submit a Housing Contract and $400 deposit by March 14, 2014 by 4:30 p.m.
- You must be financially cleared for the current semester to participate in the room selection process.
- ANY STUDENT REQUESTING A MEDICAL SINGLE MUST SUBMIT THE PROPER PAPER WORK TO HEALTH SERVICES OFFICE FOR APPROVAL. APPROVAL MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO ROOM SELECTION.
- Room selection priority will be based on randomly assigned lottery number determined by class year. Class year is determined by earned credit hours you have.
Available housing for Seniors & Juniors:
- Boulevard Apartments - Tower A (Sample floor plan)
- Boulevard Apartments - Tower B (Sample floor plan)
- Lawrence Hall - 20th Floor (Sample floor plan)
Available housing for Sophomores:
- Conestoga & Pioneer Halls (Sample CS floor plan | Sample PS floor plan)
- Lawrence Hall - 18th Floor (Sample floor plan)
Seniors and Juniors CANNOT be pulled into Sophomore housing; Sophomores CANNOT be pulled into Senior and Junior housing.
It is not required that you “fill” an apartment or suite but you must be able to “fill” a bedroom. You will be placed in the next available bedroom if you cannot "fill" an apartment.
Suppose I have someone I really want to live with next year but we have two different selection dates and times or they currently do not reside on campus. You will be allowed to “pull in a roommate(s)”. (Ex: A student with senior status can “pull in” in a roommate with fewer credit hours, but not anyone still in sophomore or freshman status.) All roommates should report to room selection at the group’s earliest selection time and date along with the individual(s) who you want to live with.
NEW INCOMING FRESHMEN STUDENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE PULLED IN AS A ROOMMATE.
Roommates must have their contracts in and be financially cleared for the current semester (and deposits if non-residents) by March 14, 2014 in order to participate in the selection process.
REMEMBER: ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A SELECTION THAT WILL BE YOUR ASSIGNMENT FOR THE FALL TERM.
Cancellation date is May 1, 2014. Once you select a room you have until May 1, 2014 to cancel in order to get your room deposit refunded. No refunds will be given after May 1, 2014.
We will have on display floor plans of Pioneer and Conestoga Halls and the Blvd. Apartments. You will be able to look at the plans in order to aid you in making an informed choice.
TIMELINE OF IMPORTANT DATES:
- March 14 - Housing contracts due no later than March 14 in order to participate in housing selection.
- April 7, 9–11 p.m. – Student Center, 2nd Floor – Current senior or rising senior status
- April 8, 9–11 p.m. – Student Center, 2nd Floor – Rising junior status
- April 9, 9–11 p.m. – Student Center, 2nd Floor – Rising sophomore status
- April 10, 9–11 p.m. – Student Center, 2nd Floor – Rising sophomores and Non-Residents
- April 14, Catch All Day – For students who have missed their assigned time and/or didn’t return their housing contract in by the March 14 deadline can come to the Campus Life Office between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to select a room.
- Room selection closes on April 14. Contracts received after this date will not be assigned until July.
Please contact the Campus Life Office at 412-392-8026 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
The Campus Life Staff