Residence Hall Tips
For Your New Home at Point Park
There are lots of things you'll want - and need - to make Point Park your new home. Below are the basics of what to bring, and what not to bring, to make your living space comfortable.
Be sure to contact your roommate before you get here to avoid bringing two of the same item. There are several drugstores within walking distance of the University if there are any last minute items you forgot to pack.
What to bring
- Bed Linens: Standard twin sheets. If you're living in Boulevard Apartments on floors 1-4 ending in 00, 01, 02 and 03 you will need extra long twin sheets.
- Laundry basket
- Laundry detergent
- Footwear for all types of weather
- Clothes hangers
- Storage containers
- Alarm clock
- Miniature refrigerator for Lawrence and Thayer Halls
- Trash can
- Dry erase board
- Cell phone
- Ethernet cord
- Surge protector/power strip
- Desk lamp
- Health insurance card
- Medical information
- Prescription drugs if necessary
- Toiletry/shower items
- Toilet paper (except in Thayer Hall)
- Small first aid kit
- Cleaning supplies
What not to bring
The following items are not permitted in residence halls
- Air conditioners. If an air conditioner is required for a medical reason the resident must provide official documentation from his/her personal physician to Brad Thompson the Coordinator of Disability Services in the Office for Sudent Success. for approval. The air conditioner must be provided by the resident.
- Microwave ovens/hot plates/George Foreman grills
- WiFi routers. These devices cause major disruptions to our wifi system.
- Drug paraphernalia. It is illegal in Pennsylvania to possess such items, even for display only.
- Weapons of any kind or type, even for display purposes.
- Pets or any animal or insect life-forms. Fish are permitted.
- Large refrigerators
- Amplifiers of any kind. These present obvious noise problems.
- Drugs/alcohol or alcohol containers of any kind if underage