Non-Credit Private Lessons at Point Park University 1-on-1 instruction available in dance, drumming, piano, and voice.
Please click the button below to fill out our private lesson request form. A member from our staff will evaluate the request for approval within 5 working days. Your lesson approval status and assigned teacher will be communicated directly via email.
All enrollment is considered pending until a time is secured and payment is received. Please complete one request form per subject.
Lessons begin the week of September 20. No lessons will be offered the week of Thanksgiving (11/22). Lessons are available in a variety of delivery methods including in-person, online, and hybrid.
Lessons this semester will be held in various delievery methods including: virtually, in-person or hybrid. Please select your preference during registration. If virtual is selected, the student and instructor will work togerther to determine the best platform to conduct their online lesson(s).
Options can include:
- Facebook Messenger
Lessons are available for students/adults of all ages and at all levels. Please note that there are a limited number of private lesson spaces available each semester. We will do our best to schedule as many participants as possible.
We recommend virtual voice students purchase an external, play-n-plug condenser microphone to ensure the highest level of audio transmission. When an instructor hears a student better, they can teach better! Please be aware a mircophone is not required - just recommended :)
All private lessons are $80.00 per hour or $45.00 per half hour. Voice lessons are 50 minutes and mimic a "college hour". A minimum of 10 lessons must be scheduled unless approved by the office or instructor.
- 10 lessons at 30 minutes: $450.00
- 10 lessons at 50-60 minutes: $800.00
To discuss financial options, please email the office of Community and Summer Education at email@example.com.
Payments can be made by check, credit card or eCheck.
Checks should be made payable to Point Park University and sent via USPS to:
Attn: Community and Summer Education
Point Park University
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
*If you are a current Point Park Student, please list the student's name and ID # in the 'For' section.
Credit Card Instructions:
Please note that a credit card payment will be charged a 2.55% service fee by the vendor. The fee will be in addition to tuition charges. Outside community members are encoruaged to pay by check. If debit/credit is preferred, please reach out to the office for assistance.
By using your routing number and account number, no service fee is charged in addition to payment. Follow steps #1 - #5 from the credit card instructions above. Further steps include:
All lessons must be completed by the end of the semester.
- No discounts are offered for private lessons.
- All lessons are considered non-credit.
- Please notify your instructor at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a lesson. Outside of this timeframe, instructors reserve the right to forfeit missed lessons and no credit or refunds will be issued. Lessons must be made-up before the end of the term unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor and office.
- Students will be required to review our private lesson etiquette policy to ensure the instructor and student are communicating effectively.
- If professional artistic pursuits or illness requires a teacher to miss class, we will provide a qualified substitute.
- In some extreme cases, classes may have to be cancelled. We try to notify students as soon as possible.
- Classes cancelled by the office will be made up at the end of the term or a credit/refund will be given.