Paige Beal, MBA
Associate Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- B.A. Sociology, B.A. Psychology, Hood College
- MBA, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Media Management
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Research
The common thread in SAEM Associate Professor Paige Beal's business career is entertainment media technology. Her business career includes media marketing and management in radio (Clear Channel - 3WS), TV (Comcast Spotlight - ESPN, USA, TNT, AMC, CNN, MTV, etc.) and Internet (WPXI-Cox). Her multimedia expertise translated into the success of Moxie Marketing Media Consultancy conducting training programs for media sales. That training experience foreshadowed a teaching career at Point Park University in the sports, arts and entertainment management department of the Rowland School of Business. Beal took a three-year hiatus from Point Park University to rejoin Comcast — and has now come full circle to bring her professional connections and experience back into the classroom.
- Media Association of Pittsburgh, past president
- Pittsburgh American Marketing Association, VP of Academic Outreach
- New Hazlett Theater, board member
- Leadership Pittsburgh graduate
In the News
- "Our Interview with Professor Paige Beal of Point Park University," Sixth City Marketing, July 30, 2019.
- "Net Neutrality Repeal May Be Delayed By Pa. Attorney General’s Action," KDKA-TV, June 11, 2018.
- "Growning Pains Experienced by Social Media and How its Regulations Differ from Other Media," (and Part Two,) KD/PG Sunday Edition, March 25, 2018.
- "Pittsburgh experts analyze Uber's next move after fatal accident," Pittsburgh Business Times, March 20, 2018.
- "Companies Drop NRA Affiliation Under Social Media Pressure," KDKA-TV, Feb. 23, 2018.
- "Patriots' downfall couldn't stop Super Bowl TV ratings slide," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 5, 2018.
- "CES 2018 roundup: local participants, trends," Pittsburgh Business Times, Jan 12, 2018.
- "Rising Cable Rates Give Consumers Chance to Seek Out Alternatives," KDKA-TV, Jan. 5, 2018.
- "2017's Best Cities for Soccer Fans," WalletHub, Sept. 6, 2017.
- "Memorial Day by the Numbers," WalletHub, May 22, 2017.
- "Payless to Close Some Area Stores in Effort to Keep Others Open Under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy," KDKA-TV, April 5, 2017.
- "JCPenny to Close 13 to 14 Percent of Stores," KDKA-TV, Feb. 24, 2017.
- "$500K a year expected from Heinz Field Beer Sales," Pittsburgh Business Times, July 14, 2016.
- "Post-Gazette Home Delivery Customers to be Charged for Magazine Insert Unless They Opt Out," KDKA-TV, Jan. 26, 2016.
- "Comcast Experimenting With Metered Internet Plans," KDKA-TV, Oct. 27, 2015.
- "Mall at Robinson polishing itself up, adding tenants," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Feb 23, 2012.
- "Swap Unwanted, Unused Books Online," KDKA-TV, Dec. 26, 2011.
- "Best Buy Reneges on Online Purchases," KDKA-TV, Dec. 22, 2011.
- "Center of Downtown shifts away from Macy's," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept 22, 2011.
- "Blog: Paige Beal on top ticketed attractions in Pittsburgh," Pop City Media, May 25, 2011.
- "West Penn-owned hospitals to revert to prior names," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April, 22, 2011.
- "Value-conscious shoppers feed growth of discount grocery chains," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, March 6, 2011.
- "Analyzing Your Cell Phone Bill Could Save You Money," KDKA-TV, Feb. 16, 2011.
Point Park Features
- "Media Association of Pittsburgh Honors SAEM Professor and Journalism Student," Point Park University website, April 29, 2019.
- "Point Park Students Compete in Pittsburgh American Marketing Association Collegiate Competition," Point Park University website, April 12, 2019.
- "National Alliance for Musical Theatre Welcomes SAEM Professor as a Panelist," Point Park University website, April 17, 2018.
- "SAEM Chair Shares Knowledge Gained From Major Media Conference," Point Park University website, Jan. 22, 2018.
- "SAEM Professor Co-Chairs Marketing Management Conference," Point Park University website, Sept. 27, 2017.
- "Business Students Compete in American Marketing Competition," Point Park University website, April 14, 2017.
- "SAEM Professor Presents on Storytelling Data at Marketing Conference," Point Park University website, Sept. 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Professor Leads AMA Collegiate Marketing Plan Competition," Point Park University website, April 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Class Working with Feld Entertainment Director to Market Upcoming Monster Jam," Point Park University website, Nov. 18, 2015.
- "SAEM Professor Serves as Panelist at Marketing Conference in Puerto Rico," Point Park University website, Oct. 21, 2015.
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting Zoo U with the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "Media Career Event Brings More than 40 Employers to Campus," Point Park University website, April 6, 2012.