Soren Hogsgaard, M.A.
Professor, Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of South Florida
- Master of Arts, Public Administration, University of South Florida
- ABD, Public Administration, University of Pittsburgh
- Public Administration
- General Business Management
- Quantitative Methods
- State and Local Government
Soren Hogsgaard is a professor of public administration in the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University. He has been a professor and advisor at Point Park since January 1973. He served as dean of the School of Business at Point Park from January 2007 to August 2009. Prior to coming to Point Park, he taught at the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh as well as Allegheny Community College and the University of South Florida. For three years before teaching, he was a city planner for the City of St. Petersburg, Fla. Prior to that, he worked in the public works department for the City of Pinellas Park, Fla.
Hogsgaard has served as president of the faculty, faculty secretary, planning officer for Point Park and four years as a full member of the Point Park Board of Trustees. At one time or another, he has served at least once on each of the faculty committees at the University. Hogsgaard also has given management systems training seminars for the Western Pennsylvania School for the Blind.
- Human resource consultant, Allegheny County Government
- Human resource consultant, Allegheny Association for Retarded Citizens
- Human resource consultant, State of Pennsylvania
- Curriculum consultant, Pittsburgh Board of Education
- Curriculum consultant, Community College of Allegheny County