Visiting Teaching Artist
- B.F.A., Dance, Point Park University
- Classical Ballet
- Supplemental Classic Ballet
- Pas de Deux
- Dance Composition II, III
- Entrepreneurship and the Arts
Daniel Karasik has danced professionally in Pittsburgh, with the Georgia Ballet and also with the Dayton Ballet. As a dancer, Karasik has most enjoyed roles in dances by George Balanchine, Agnes DeMille, Christopher Flemming, Steven Mills, Stuart Sebastian and Susan Stroman.
Karasik has served five years as the artistic director of the Morgantown Ballet Company and was the founding artistic director of the Dayton Arts Project, a company that integrated art forms in exhibition, such as choreography, dance, film, installation art, new and live music and mixed media. Most recently, his work Volumes was in a performance named one of Pittsburgh’s “Seven Most Transportive Dance Programs of 2016.” He has recently produced works for Chicago High School for the Arts, Dayton Arts Project, Dayton Ballet, Dance Conservatory of Pittsburgh, Morgantown Ballet Company, Pittsburgh Creative and Performing Arts, Point Park University, Reed Dance, West Virginia State Dance Festival and West Virginia University.
Selected Artistic Works: Choreography
- Seasons, ChiArts, Chicago, Ill.
- Tides, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
- Volumes, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- American College Dance Festival
- Dayton Ballet
- Governor's School for the Arts
- International Summer Dance, Point Park University
- Metropolitan Ballet of Topeka
- Morgantown Ballet Company
- National High School Dance Festival
- Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera
- Reed Dance
- Skidmore College