Pre-Medical and Health-Related Professions Program
Required Courses to Complete the Program
Below are the required courses to successfully complete Point Park's pre-medical and health-related professions program. These are the most common courses required nationwide by medical schools and related programs.
- 1 year of general biology
- 1 year of physics with lab
- 1 year of general chemistry (inorganic chemistry) with lab (core chem 101)
- 1 year of organic chemistry with lab
- 1 course in calculus or statistics (core)
- 1 year of English (core)
- 1 course in sociology (core)
- 1 course in psychology (core)
- 1 year of upper-division biology (recommended)
Affiliation with LECOM
A select group of entering freshmen can begin a formal path toward a professional career in medicine through Point Park's pre-medical and health-related professions program, and after being accepted into the University's LECOM affiliate program.
This exclusive program will admit up to five students a year for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree path and up to five students a year for the Doctor of Pharmacy degree path.
Learn more about Point Park University's affiliation with LECOM.
Visit the pre-medical and health-related professions program FAQs page or contact Laura Frost, Ph.D., program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.