Mission, Vision, and Values
The Library's Mission
The mission of Point Park University Library is to promote a culture of scholarship by serving as the principal source of information services, providing the resources necessary to facilitate the learning and research activities of the University.
The Library's Vision
The vision of Point Park University Library is to empower the community to engage critically with the world to discover, connect and innovate.
The Library's Values
Point Park University Library embraces the following values:
- Adaptability – flexible, bring positivity and resourcefulness to new and challenging situations.
- Community – build connections and partnerships within the library, across campus and throughout the community.
- Curiosity – encourage growth and exploration through collections, instruction and programming to advance the self-motivated pursuit of knowledge.
- Diversity & Inclusion –enrich our users by developing diverse collections, instruction and programming and are dedicated to creating a welcoming environment for all.
- Empathy –strive to anticipate and understand the needs of our users.
- Equity –committed to equitable access to high quality education, services and information.
- Innovation – explore and implement new policies and reflect on our experiences.
- Integrity – thorough, transparent and accountable in all our work.
- Kindness – cultivate and maintain an atmosphere of care, empathy and respect.