Point Park’s online programs are offered in a flexible format at an affordable cost. Online courses are 8 weeks long and are always offered asynchronously for your convenience.
Online students have access to the same great benefits as those on campus:
- Point Park faculty with real-world experience.
- Small online class sizes for individualized attention.
- A full spectrum of University resources.
- A student success advisor offering support from application to graduation, who will guide you to successfully complete your degree.
Cohorts begin every semester. Apply now!
Learn more in our Virtual Open House video:
Meet the Growing Demand for Health Care Managers
The rapidly aging American population and overall expansion of health care have created an increase in demand for highly-trained professionals to manage our country's health care centers and services.
As the health care industry expands, opportunities for management, consulting and executive-level positions will continue to grow.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- In 2021, $101,340 per year was the median pay for medical and health services managers.
- Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Medical and health services managers have the potential to earn more than $150,000 with a master's degree and years of experience.
With a master’s degree in health care administration and management, you will have the option to pursue various positions in government, nonprofit and private health care organizations, such as:
- Clinical manager
- Health care consultant
- Health information manager
- Health insurance manager
- Home health agency manager
- Hospital administrator
- Pharmaceutical company manager
- Physician group practice manager
- Nursing home administrator
- Research facility supervisor