Chuck Cooper and Josh Gibson Center for Equity and Education Creating equitable pathways to success
Dates, times and locations will be posted as events are scheduled. Programming may shift to a hybrid or fully remote model as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Chuck Cooper and Josh Gibson Center for Equity and Education SCORE (Skills for Career/College Opportunities Resources and Exploration) program offers workshops related to college and career readiness for high school students on Point Park's campus and at Sarah Heinz House on Pittsburgh's Northside.
- Only 20 spots are available in the SCORE Program. High school students are encouraged to apply online to become one of the "Gibson 20."
- SCORE program participation includes a basic, one-year Sarah Heinz House membership.
- Free meals will be offered at all in-person events, including snacks and boxed lunches at Point Park events. Sarah Heinz House after-school events will include free dinner.
- Students who complete the SCORE program may receive one college credit from Point Park.
The Cooper/Gibson College-Readiness Program is a multi-week program where students will participate in college-readiness workshops and receive mentorship from professionals and college student volunteers. Students will learn about personal branding, resumes, cover letters, personal finance, the FAFSA process and more
In the News
- "The Lynne Hayes-Freeland Show: Chuck Cooper and Josh Gibson Center for Equity and Education," KDKA-TV, Sept. 19, 2021.
- "Chuck Cooper III and Sean Gibson: Making Equity and Education a Mission," TribLIVE.com, Sept. 14, 2021.
- "Point Park University’s Rowland School of Business Launches The Chuck Cooper and Josh Gibson Equity and Education Center," Point Park University website, Sept. 14, 2021.
Connect With Us
College and Career-Readiness Resources
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Future Ready Index
- Pennsylvania Career Readiness Standards
- Education Planner
- PHEAA's Five Steps to Financial Aid
- FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)