Elise D'Haene, Ph.D.
- Office: 215 University Center
- Phone: 412-392-6124
- Fax: 412-392-4307
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph.D., Counseling/Psychology, University of Southern California
- M.S., Counseling/Psychology, University of Southern California
- B.A., English, Oakland University
- Introduction to Screenwriting
- Advanced Screenwriting
- Writing for the Screen I, II
- Writing Landscapes
- The Writer's Life
Elise D'Haene is a novelist, screenwriter and published author. Among her screen credits, she was a writer on Disney's The Little Mermaid II and penned several episodes of the Showtime series Red Shoe Diaries and Chromium Blue. She was a story editor for the NBC series Wind on Water and has written or co-written dozens of pilot scripts for Disney, FOX, FX, NBC and ABC, among others. She also wrote several feature films and was a writer on the feature Sunstorm. Her first novel, Licking our Wounds, won the Small Press Book Award at Book Expo in Chicago and she won the Hemingway Award for her short story, Married. Her feature film, Beaver Las Vegas (co-written with Point Park alumnae Amy Goldman and Jessica Spencer), won Best Comedy Feature in the 2018 Film Daily Screenwriting Competition. Her half-hour dramedy pilot script, Old Dykes, has been selected as a winner in the 2019 LGBTQ Toronto Film Festival and the 2019 Los Angeles Female Film Festival.
- Writer's Guild of America (West)
- Madwomen in the Attic Creative Writing Workshops
- Pittsburgh Filmmakers
- Women in Film and Television
Selected Artistic Works
- Licking Our Wounds, screenwriter, 2005
- Paid, screenwriter, 2005
- Stiletto Inc., screenwriter, 2005
- The Little Mermaid II, 2000
- "Sometimes Slowly," short story, Bloom Literary Journal, 2014
- "End of Days," short story, Voices from the Attic, 2013
- "Red Shoe Diaries (co-author), fiction series, 2006
- "Creative Disruption/Traditional Distribution," Women in Film & Media Summit, 2014
- "Hungry Sphinx," Madwomen in the Attic Reading Series, 2013
Point Park Features
- "Faculty Highlight Distinctiveness of Low-Residency M.F.A. in Screenwriting & Playwriting Program"
- "Meet Elise D'Haene, Ph.D., Novelist, Screenwriter and Published Author"