2020 National High School Dance Festival
#NHSDF at Point Park University, Feb. 26 - March 1, 2020
Point Park University will host high school students from around the country and around the world to the National High School Dance Festival, Feb. 26 - March 1, 2020.
Forms and fees must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) by the posted deadline. Follow the link below to register now!
Learn more about deadlines, forms and fees.
A one night deposit is required per room reservation for Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh and Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Pittsburgh. A valid credit card is required at time of check in, which will be authorized for all estimated expenses incurred by the guest based on the length of their stay.
Space is limited, please make your reservations as soon as possible!
*Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh, the official festival hotel
600 Commonwealth Place
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15222
*As of Feb. 17, 2020 the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh has released more rooms, available through Feb. 18th!
- Flat rate: $142 per night (doubles/king room)
- Reservations: 412-391-4600 or book online by Feb. 3, 2020 to guarantee the promotional rate.
- Check in: 4 p.m. | Check out: 12 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Pittsburgh
250 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15222
- Flat rate: $149 per night (king room) | $159 per night (two queens)
- Reservations: 412-281-5557 by Jan. 29, 2020 to guarantee the promotional rate.
- Check in: 3 p.m. | Check out: 12 p.m.
What to Look Forward to at NHSDF 2020
The 2020 National High School Dance Festival at Point Park will include:
- Opening ceremony at the Byham Theater featuring Parsons Dance, a New York City-based dance company.
- Scholarship auditions for dance programs and summer intensives in front of prestigious schools from across the country.
- Gala concerts and informal concerts featuring students from high schools across the country and abroad.
- More than 150 master classes led by guest artists and choreographers in Point Park's state-of-the-art dance facilities.
- Master classes with Parsons Dance.
- Workshops about the college admissions process, careers in arts management, business management, marketing for dance and performing arts, as well as creating and managing a professional dance company.
- Campus tours.
- Closing ceremony at the Byham Theater where scholarships will be awarded to students.
Sarah Cowing, NHSDF coordinator, assistant to the chair, dance
Kathryn Kearns, NHSDF founder and executive director
Explore Point Park and Pittsburgh
Point Park University - Pittsburgh's Downtown University - is in the center of a world-class city located within walking distance to museums, galleries, shops, eateries, sports stadiums and more:About Pittsburgh | Campus virtual tour | Conservatory of Performing Arts