Jae Man Joo
- B.F.A., Dance, Dankook University, Korea
- Ballet Technique
- Pas de Deux
Jae Man Joo began his classical ballet training in Kwang-Ju, Korea, where he was born and raised. He studied classical ballet and modern and traditional Korean dances.
Joo joined Complexions in 1996, the same year he received the Best Individual Artist Award from the Bagnolet International Dance Festival in Paris, France.
He was a principal dancer at both Complexions and Ballet Hispanico, and has worked and performed with famed choreographers such as Dwight Rhoden, William Forsythe, Shen Wei, Zvi Gotheiner, Igal Perry and Jessica Lang.
As a resident choreographer, he choreographed many works for Complexions Contemporary Ballet (CCB) and his work premiered at The Joyce Theater in New York City, Dance Open International Ballet Festival in St. Petersburg, Russia, and South Korea.
He is a recipient of the 2009 Princess Grace Award for Excellence in Choreography.
Joo served as an associate artistic director for CCB from 2011-18. He is currently a resident choreographer/ballet master/rehearsal director for CCB.
- Divine, Gwangju Culture & Art Center, South Korea
- Tears, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Surface, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Atmosphere, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Flight, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Recur, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Goodnight, CCB, The Joyce Theater
- Circular, Alvin Ailey II
- Canvas, Jacob's Pillow Invitation (Inside/Out stage)
- Dive & Unfold, Jacob's Pillow Invitation (Inside/Out stage)
- Vita, Wise Ballet Theatre, South Korea
- Korea Dance Critic's Choice Award, Vita, 2021
- Princess Grace Award, Excellence in Choreography, 2009
- Artist Award, The Bagnolet International Dance Festival, Paris, France, 1996