2023 National High School Dance Festival
#NHSDF at Point Park University
Point Park University is thrilled to host the National High School Dance Festival, March 1-5, 2023, at its campus in Downtown Pittsburgh.
The festival welcomes high school age dancers from around the United States and abroad to participate in auditions, concerts and more than 200 master classes. The festival is open ONLY to students currently enrolled in grades 9-12 at their high school.
What to Look Forward to at NHSDF
- Opening ceremonies with a professional dance company performance.
- Scholarship auditions for dance programs and summer intensives in front of prestigious schools from across the country.
- Gala concerts and informal concerts featuring students from high schools across the country and abroad.
- More than 150 master classes led by guest artists and choreographers in Point Park's state-of-the-art dance facilities.
- Master classes with industry professionals.
- Workshops about the college admissions process, careers in arts management, business management, marketing for dance and performing arts, as well as creating and managing a professional dance company.
- Campus tours.
- Closing ceremonies where scholarships will be awarded to students.
Web feature: Highlights from 2020 NHSDF at Point Park University.
Please note: to avoid confusion, every registering high school will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which your registration is received. You will then be contacted by Point Park University and asked to pay the $225 school registration fee. Once payment is received, you will be officially registered for the 2023 National High School Dance Festival.
Once the festival reaches capacity, those on the waitlist will be informed if/when spaces become available. This will be either after completion of adjudication (no later than Dec. 20, 2022) and/or after full student registration (Jan. 16, 2023).
Forms and fees must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) by the posted deadline.
*Omni William Penn Hotel
530 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
*As of December 13, 2022: Limited singles (1 bed, either Queen or King) are available at the Omni. Doubles are sold out. Only single rooms remain, or double occupancy, not quad occupancy.
Book online — or by phone — by Jan. 27, 2023 (1-800-THE-OMNI, reference National High School Dance Festival via phone).
*As of Jan. 24, 2023: EVEN Hotel is out of doubles.
Book online — or by phone — by Jan. 27, 2023 (1-412-301-2277, reference National High School Dance Festival via phone).
745 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Book online — or by phone — by Feb. 6, 2023 (1-800-325-0720, reference National High School Dance Festival via phone).
- NHSDF Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kathryn Kearns, NHSDF founder and executive director: email@example.com
Explore Point Park and Pittsburgh
Point Park University - Pittsburgh's Downtown University - is in the center of a world-class city located within walking distance to museums, galleries, shops, eateries, sports stadiums and more:About Pittsburgh | Campus virtual tour | Conservatory of Performing Arts