Eric Stennett, Ed.D.
Part-Time Faculty, Education
Assistant Director, Ed.D. Program
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Geology and Earth Science, Wittenberg University
- Master in Education, Educational Leadership, Wright State University
- Doctorate of Education, Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University
- Instructional Technology
- Assistant Superintendent
- Data Driven Instruction
- Educational Administration
- Curriculum and Supervision Leadership
- Issues in Law and Education
- Theory and Practice of Leadership
- Dissertation Seminar
- Comprehensive Presentation
- Dissertation Writing I, II and II
Eric W. Stennett, Ed.D., is a part-time assistant professor of education and assistant director of the Ed.D. in leadership and administration program in the School of Education at Point Park University. He is also principal of Shaler Area Middle School in Glenshaw, Pa., and a veteran of the Gulf War and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Prior to his current positions, Stennett was principal of Hampton Middle School, Shaler Area Middle School and Shaler Area's Jeffery Elementary School. He also has served as assistant principal for Shaler Area Intermediate School, Shaler Area Middle School, Cranberry Jr./Sr. High School and Triad Jr./Sr. High School. In these roles, Stennett has enhanced the schools' bullying prevention programs and integrated technology across all content areas through the integration of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) strategies.
Stennett began his career in education as a science teacher for Triad Jr./Sr. High School in North Lewisburg, Ohio.
Honors and Awards
- 2013 NASSAP/PAESSSP Middle Level Principal of the Year
- Former member of U.S. Army Reserve, 1998-2003 (honorably discharged)
- Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran
- Kappa Delta Pi
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- Reserve Officers Association
- Adjutant General Regimental Corporation
- Association for Supervision of Curriculum and Development
In the News
- "Point Park professors trained to identify threats," WPXI-TV, Feb. 15, 2018.
Point Park Features
- "Education Majors Work with Elementary Students Across Pittsburgh at Remake Learning Event on Campus," Point Park University website, May 29, 2018.
- "PA Secretary of Education Encourages Doctoral Students to Establish Their Own Declarations of Leadership," Point Park University website, March 29, 2018.
- "Pirates President Talks With Doctoral Students About Leadership, Vision and Purpose," Point Park University website, Jan. 23, 2018.
- "Doctoral Students Discuss Leadership Styles With Pittsburgh Mayor," Point Park University website, Oct. 16, 2017.
- "Point Park Education Instructor Named 2013 Middle School Principal of the Year," Point Park University website, July 3, 2016.
- "Education Student Scores in Top 15 Percent on Praxis Exam, Tutors Youth in Pittsburgh," Point Park University website, Aug. 20, 2015.