Diane Krill, Ph.D.
Professor, Biological Sciences
- Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Philosophy, Molecular Biology/Biostatistics/Developmental Biology, Case Western Reserve University
- Master of Science, Biology, Youngstown State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology/Math, Youngstown State University
- Developmental Biology
- Molecular Biology and Lab
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Human Biology
- Biology Seminar
- Elements of Human Nutrition
- Advances in Nutrition
- Public Health
- Introduction to the Natural Sciences
- Emerging Life Science Technologies
Diane Krill, Ph.D., is a professor of biological sciences. Prior to joining Point Park University, she was a research assistant professor in the Department of Pathology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Krill also served as a postdoctoral trainee in aging research in the Department of Epidemiology at the University of Pittsburgh, where she studied oxidized lipids in liver disease patients and did family studies of IDDM cases.
- "Arabidopsis Rapid Movement Response to Electrical Stimulation," Reggia, L; Hupman, K; Johnson, GA; Keller, D; and Krill, D.; J Plant Physiol Pathol, 4:2, 2016.
- "Induced Thyme Product Prevents VEGF-Induced Migration in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells," Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Dec. 2010.
- "Myopodin, a synaptopodin homologue, is frequently deleted in invasive prostate cancers," The American Journal of Pathology, Nov. 2001.
- "Expression patterns of vitamin D receptor in human prostate," The Journal of Cell Biology, 2001.
- "Linear Amplification of Gene specific cDNA Ends to Isolate Full Length of a cDNA," Analytical Biochemistry, May 2001.
- "E-cadherin Expression and PSA Secretion in Human Prostate Epithelial Cells," Urological Research, Aug. 2001.
- "Identification of a Novel Gene with Increasing Rate of Suppression in High Grade Prostate Cancers," The American Journal of Pathology, 2001.
- "A Screening Method for Identifying Potential Angiogenesis Inhibitors," American Association for Cancer Research, Washington, D.C., Nov. 2008.
- "Expression patterns of vitamin D receptor in human prostate," Harvard Graduate School of Public Health, Boston, Mass., July 2005.
- "Normal prostate cells upregulate 11B-HSD expression after exposure to tumor stromal factors," American Association for Cancer Research, Key Biscayne, Fla., Oct. 2004.
- "Effects of vitamin D on prostate growth, differentiation, and neoplasia," Banque De Donnees, France.
- "Differential metabolism of calcitriol by primary cultures of human prostate stromal and epithelial cells derived from benign and neoplastic biopsy sections," American Association for Cancer Research, San Francisco, Calif., April 2000.
- "Comparison of the features of prostate cancer diagnosed in the United States and in an Afro-Caribbean Population," American Urological Association, Atlanta, Ga., April 2000.
- "Peptide D2A21 acts as an antitumor agent in prostate primary cultures," American Association for Cancer Research, Philadelphia, Pa., April, 1999.
- Role of lipids in nutrition and disease; vitamins A, D, and E metabolism
- Interaction between tissue types; cell migration and invasion
- Epidemiology, genetic susceptibility, and autoimmune diseases
Selected Awards and Honors
- Semifinalist at Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge, 2010
- Faculty Development Award, Point Park University, May 2010
- School of Graduate Studies Alumni Award, Case Western Reserve University, 1982, 1984
- Case Western Reserve University Predoctoral Fellowship, 1981-1985
Professionals Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Molecular Epidemiology Working Group
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, primary section: molecular biology
- Regional Pittsburgh Association of Women Chemists
Point Park Features
- "Biology Professor’s Research on Hyperlipidemia Onset in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Featured in Neurology Advisor Publication," Point Park University website, June 2, 2020.
- "Biological Sciences Professor Presents Research at the International Conference on Plant Science in Paris," Point Park University website, Feb. 4, 2019.
- "Students in Human Nutrition Class Visit Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank," Point Park University website, June 30, 2014.
- "Research Project Explores the Depths of Developmental Biology," The Point, Fall 2010 issue.