Hai T. Tran, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Master of Science, Computer-Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida
- Engineering Design Using Pro/Engineer (CREO)
- Machine Design
- Finite Element Analysis
- FEA with ANSYS
- Calculus I
Hai T. Tran, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of mechanical engineering in the Department of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology at Point Park University. Prior to joining Point Park, Tran was a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at the University of Pittsburgh. Before that, he served as a senior-tenured lecturer/researcher in the mechanical engineering department at University of Transport and Communications in Hanoi, Vietnam, and as a teaching/research assistant in the mechanical engineering department at the University of South Florida.
- Fracture mechanics
- Computational solids mechanics
- Thin multilayered films
- Additive manufacturing
- HT Tran, X Liang, AC To, “Efficient prediction of cracking at solid-lattice support interface during laser powder bed fusion via global-local J-integral analysis based on modified inherent strain method and lattice support homogenization”, Additive Manufacturing (IF:7.17), 2020.
- HT Tran, Q Chen, J Mohan, AC To, “A New Method for Predicting Cracking at the Interface between Solid and Lattice Support During Laser Powder Bed Fusion Additive Manufacturing”, Additive Manufacturing 32 (IF:7.17), 2020.
- X Liang, HT Tran et al., “Inherent Strain Homogenization for Fast Residual Deformation Simulation of Thin-Walled Lattice Support Structures Built by Laser Powder Bed Fusion Additive Manufacturing”, Additive Manufacturing 32, 2020.
- HT Tran, T Do, W Cai, “Mitigating Early Fracture of Amorphous Metallic Thin Films on Flexible Substrates by Tuning Substrate Roughness and Buffer Layer Properties”, Thin Solid Films 689, 2019.
- S Shityakov, N Roewer, C Förster, H Tran, W Cai, B Broscheit, “Investigation of crystalline and amorphous forms of Aluminum and its alloys: computational modeling and experiment”, Nano, 2018.
- G Kravchenko, HT Tran, AA Volinsky, “Periodic cracks and temperature-dependent stress in Mo/Si multilayers on Si substrates”, Philosophical Magazine Letters, 2018.
- HT Tran, H Mraied, S Izadi, AA Volinsky, W Cai, “Optimizing ductility and fracture of amorphous metal thin films on polyimide using multilayers”, International Journal of Fracture 204(2):129–142, 2017.
- HT Tran, J Devkota, T Eggers, J Wingo, W Cai, I Skorvanek, H Srikanth, MH Phan, “Anisotropic Mechanical and Giant Magneto-Impedance Properties of Cobalt-Rich Amorphous Ribbons”, Journal of Electronic Materials 45(4):2278-2285, 2016.
- H Mraied, TH Tran, W Cai, “Fabrication and deformation of aluminum–manganese microsandwich structure”, Journal of Materials Research 31(04):480-487, 2016.
- Y Zhang, AA Volinsky, HT Tran, Z Chai, P Liu, B Tian, Y Liu, “Aging behavior and precipitates analysis of the Cu–Cr–Zr–Ce alloy”, Materials Science and Engineering: A 650:248-253, 2016.
- Y Zhang, AA Volinsky, HT Tran, Z Chai, P Liu, B Tian, “Effects of Ce Addition on High Temperature Deformation Behavior of Cu-Cr-Zr Alloys”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance 24(10):3783-3788, 2015.
- Y Zhang, AA Volinsky, QQ Xu, Z Chai, B Tian, P Liu, HT Tran, “Deformation Behavior and Microstructure Evolution of the Cu-2Ni-0.5 Si-0.15 Ag Alloy During Hot Compression”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A 46(12):5871-5876, 2015.
- HT Tran, MH Shirangi, X Pang, AA Volinsky, “Temperature, moisture and mode-mixity effects on copper leadframe/EMC interfacial fracture toughness”, International Journal of Fracture 185(1-2):115-127, 2014.
- Z Qin, X Pang, Y Yan, L Qiao, HT Tran, AA Volinsky, “Passive film-induced stress and mechanical properties of α-Ti in methanol solution, Corrosion Science 78:287-292, 2014.
- L Zhang, H Yang, X Pang, K Gao, HT Tran, AA Volinsky, “TiN-Coating Effects on Stainless Steel Tribological Behavior Under Dry and Lubricated Conditions”, Journal of materials engineering and performance 23(4):1263-1269, 2014.
- F Ren, K Cao, J Ren, AA Volinsky, TH Tran, B Tian, “Numerical Calculation of the Electron Density at the Wigner–Seitz Radius Based on the Thomas–Fermi–Dirac Equation”, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience 11(2):344-347, 2014.
- C Chen, TH Tran, AA Volinsky, “Bonded composite repair structures multiple site damage analysis”, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology 85(3):171-177, 2013.
- Editorial board member, Transport and Communications Science Journal
- Journal manuscript reviewer:
- Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A
- Journal of Electronic Materials
- Scientific Reports
- Additive Manufacturing