Robert Draper, M.S.
Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Program
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Institution of Mechanical Engineers of London
- Master of Science, Victoria University of Manchester, England
- Strength of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Machine Design, Theory and Project
- Heat Transfer
- Kinematics of Machine Elements
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Finite Element Analysis
- Differential Equations
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
Professor Robert Draper began his engineering career as an apprentice for a general engineering company where he learned about welding and metal fabricating and various machining methods. During that time, he attended college in the evenings and on weekends. Following this, he became a design draftsman. After earning his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, Draper joined the U.K. Atomic Energy Authority where he worked as a designer and experimentalist on nuclear reactor components.
Upon completing his master's degree in nuclear engineering, Draper immigrated to the United States to work for Westinghouse Electric Company, where he was an advisory engineer. His work at Westinghouse's research and development center involved nuclear steam generators, reactor core design and the design of heat pumps. During this period, Draper became an adjunct faculty member at Point Park and also taught at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University. Draper also then worked on fuel cell manufacturing and generator design for Siemens. During this period, he joined Point Park as coordinator of the mechanical engineering technology program. Throughout his career, Draper has acquired 29 U.S. patents relating to diverse areas including nuclear energy, heat pumps and fuel cells.
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Engineers Society of Western Pennsylvania
Point Park Features
- "Phillip Gertz '16 is a Systems Integration and Test Engineer Working on NASA's Orion Crew Module," Point Park University website, May 3, 2023.
- "Mechanical Engineering Student Tyler Clayton '22 Interns with R.T. Patterson & Co., Inc.," Point Park University website, July 22, 2022.
- "International Faculty Come to Point Park From Around the Globe," Point Park University website, Feb. 23, 2016.