Minors & Double Majors
Are you interested in adding a minor to complement your major? Have you considered double majoring? Our School of Arts and Sciences offers a variety of minors and double major options through its four departments: Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies, Literature, Culture and Society, Natural Sciences and Engineering and Psychology.
Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies
Literature, Culture and Society
- Creative Writing
- Global Cultural Studies
- Political Science
- Social Justice Studies
Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Theatrical Engineering
- Behavioral Sciences
- Psychology (Sequences available in business leadership, child development and counseling).
- A minimum of 18 credits is required to complete all minors in the School of Arts and Sciences;
- Students can access the "Request for a Minor" form on the Registrar's Office forms page;
- Minors can be declared during your second semester;
- Classes in your minor can start as early at the beginning of your sophomore year; and
- Your minor is awarded, recorded and represented on your official transcript.
- Double majors are available for most of the bachelor's degrees offered in the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Students can request a minor "Double Major Declaration" form on the Registrar's Office forms page.
- The number of credits required to double major depend on the majors you choose.
- Check with your advisor to determine the exact number of credits needed for graduation.
- Double majors can be declared during your second semester.
- Classes in your double major can start as early at the beginning of your sophomore year.
- Both of your majors are recorded and represented on your diploma(s) and official transcript.