Jenna Lo Castro, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Public Relations and Advertising
- Ph.D., Rhetoric, Duquesne University
- M.A., Communication and Rhetorical Studies, Duquesne University
- B.A., Communication and Theatre Arts, John Carroll University
- Writing for Public Relations
- IMC Planning
- Mass Media Literacy
Jenna M. Lo Castro, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of public relations and advertising at Point Park University. Prior to joining the Point Park community, she was an assistant professor of corporate communications at Penn State, Fayette. She has taught at Pittsburgh universities including Duquesne, Carlow and Chatham. Lo Castro has been a reviewer for various communication journals such as the Pennsylvania Communication Annual, the Ohio Communication Journal and the Communication & Critical/Cultural Studies Journal. She also has industry experience in advertising and has written for both magazine and newspaper.
- Ad Fed
- Pennsylvania Communication Association
- National Communication Association
- Eastern Communication Association
- New York State Communication Association
- Branding/Corporate Branding
- Communication Ethics
- Philosophy of Communication
- Rhetoric of Gender
- Lo Castro, J. (Forthcoming). Framing the Impact of Pseudo-Influencers via Communications Ethics. In B. Watkins (Ed.), Social Media and the Changing Landscape of Brand Communication. Lexington Books.
- Lo Castro, J. (2016). A Rhetoric of Hate Speech: Informing Snyder v. Phelps via Narrative. Pennsylvania Communication Annual, 72.1: 28-45.
- "Bargain Shopping: The Rise of Pop-Up Marketing and the Renegotiation of Time and Space in a Hypermodern Age," New York State Communication Association Conference, 2018.
- "Hypermodernity and the (Un)Ethical Utility of Superlative Rhetoric in Advertising," National Communication Ethics Conference, 2018.
- "Branding & Consumer Involvement Exploring Illusory Calls and Responses of Identity Via Ideological Interpellation," Eastern Communication Association Convention, 2018.
- "Situating in the Age of Internet Immersion within a McLuhanesque World," Philosophy of Communication Conference, 2015.
- "The Unyielding Blurred Lines of Hate Speech: Informing Snyder v. Phelps Via Narrative," Eastern Communication Association Convention, 2015.
Point Park Feature
- "Faculty, Quality Courses Enable PR & Advertising Students to be Critical Thinkers, Problem Solvers, Strategists," Point Park University website, June 3, 2020.
In the News
- "Super Bowl Fun Facts – The Big Game by the Numbers," WalletHub.com, Jan. 27, 2020.