High School Programs
Explore the Evolving World of Communication and Media
The School of Communication offers current high school students exciting opportunities to visit Point Park University's Downtown Pittsburgh campus and learn what it's like to study in one of our innovative communication majors.
Available Workshops for High School Students
Summer High School Journalism Workshop
Point Park University campus, Downtown Pittsburgh
Get a taste of your career-to-be at our 2021 Summer High School Journalism workshop. Topics may include multimedia production, public relations and advertising and sports communication. Additional information, workshop schedule and fees will be shared on Point Park's community and summer education page.
- Heidi Ward, director, community and summer education
- Bernie Ankney, Ph.D., dean, School of Communication
High School Media Day
The Center for Media Innovation and School of Communication hosts High School Media Day twice a year at Point Park University. High school students and teachers are invited to the event to learn about media and communication industries.
Point Park faculty members lead interactive sessions within their specialty areas; topics include: advertising, broadcasting, media ethics, multimedia, photojournalism and public relations. The program includes lunch and the option to have a Point Park professor critique your high school's student newspaper.
Contact UsLisa Knapp, administrative assistant, Center for Media Innovation
Video Playlist: Virtual High School Media Day
Point Park's Center for Media Innovation hosted a Virtual High School Media Day. Sessions featured:
- KDKA Meteorologist Mary Ours
- Fast Company Reporter Zlati Meyer
- Photographer Richard Kelly
- Inspire PA Program Director Andaya Sugayan
- Saegertown High School
- Professor of Journalism Bill Moushey
- New York Times Reporter Sarah Mervosh
- Social Justice Studies Professor Robert Ross
- Franklin Regional High School