Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Scholarship
The Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters has committed $41,000 toward scholarships and on-campus events at Point Park University. The scholarships are available to current Point Park University students with demonstrated financial need in the Rowland School of Business and the School of Communication who have an interest in radio or TV broadcast media.
Sixteen students will receive $2,000 each – eight for the Fall 2021 semester and eight more for Fall 2022.
Fall 2021 PAB Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 2021 PAB scholarship winners:
- Jonah Sommers, Pittsburgh, Pa., broadcast production and media management
- Natalie Matvya, Turtle Creek, Pa., sports, arts and entertainment management
- Erin Yudt, Sharpsville, Pa., journalism
- Michael Jeniskis, Canonsburg, Pa., public relations and advertising
- Aniya Uqdah, Philadelphia, Pa., marketing and sales
- Grace Lorince, Mount Pleasant, Pa., broadcast production and media management
- De'Ante Johnson, Turtle Creek, Pa., sports, arts and entertainment management
- Addison Diehl, Greensburg, Pa., journalism
Fall 2022 PAB Scholarship Information
Applications for the Fall 2022 semester will be available in November and must be received by May 1.
Please check back in November to apply!
PAB Scholarship Criteria
- Preference is given to current Point Park University students.
- GPA of 3.0 preferred (or lower with proven broadcast media experience and/or substantial school/community involvement).
- Must be a Pennsylvania resident and able to demonstrate financial need.
Future of Broadcast Day and Broadcast Media Summer Camp
In addition to the scholarships, the PAB will take part in a Future of Broadcast Day during the Fall 2021 semester, which will include a panel event for high school and college students, guest speakers in classrooms and a PAB scholarship recognition event.
Plus, $9,000 will go toward a Broadcast Media summer camp for high school students in 2022.
Fall 2021 Future of Broadcast Day
Trends in Broadcast Panel - 9:40 to 11 a.m.
- Vince Benedetto, founder, president and CEO, Bold Gold Media Group
- Pam Forsyth, general manager, Lilly Broadcasting WICU/WSEE-TV, Erie
- Ric Harris, president and general manager NBC-TV, Philadelphia
- Elizabeth Pembleton, vice president/market manager for Cumulus Media Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton
- Chuck Wolfertz, president and general manager, WTAE-TV, Pittsburgh
Careers in Broadcast Panel - 11:20 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Matthew Desmond '12, seasonal creative video producer, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Elena LaQuatra '14, general assignment and traffic reporter, WTAE-TV
- Amy Mauk, regional promotions manager, Audacy
- Eric Williams, senior account executive, Viacom/CBS-TV
PAB Scholarship Recognition - 12:30 p.m.
Recognizing the eight PAB scholarship recipients for fall 2021.
The PAB represents around 368 radio and 38 TV stations in Pennsylvania – all broadcast media is free, over the air and licensed by the Federal Communications Commission.
Owners and operators include ABC, Audacy, CBS, Fox, Forever Media, iHeart Media, NBC and PBS, as well as individually owned stations.
In each broadcast station, the people in front of the camera and microphones, as well as those behind the scenes, work with a commitment to serve their community.