Honors Program Residential Floor
Belong to an Active Community in Thayer Hall
First-year students in the Honors Program have the unique opportunity to live on the Honors Program floors in Thayer Hall (there are two).
These floors are a living and learning space that allow high-achieving students to build a sense of community and transition smoothly to campus life.
- Plan community and service-learning projects with an Honors Program mentor.
- Represent the Honors Program floor on the Honors Student Organization executive board.
- Participate in special programming and events.
- Priority registration and reduction in fees for trips, including a visit to the Flight 93 National Memorial, and an Alternative Spring Break trip.
Honors Program Requirements
- Attend an Honors Program early move-in and Introduction to Honors event held at the end of August.
- Participate in a minimum of four Honors Program experiences/activities during the academic year.
Live on the Honors Program Floors
All incoming Honors Program students are eligible for the Honors Program floors. Interested students should indicate their preference for the floors when filling out the freshmen housing and meal plan contract.
About the Honors Program Floors
- Each floor accommodates up to 27 students
- Co-ed floors with community bathrooms (one for men, one for women)
- Mostly double rooms, with two single rooms and three triple rooms
- Mini-lounge with microwave
- Air conditioning
- Free laundry facility