First-Year Undergraduate Admission Help Applying to Point Park University
Applying as a first-year undergraduate to a U.S. university can be intimidating and overwhelming. When applying to Point Park University, there's no need to worry.
- Completed and signed on-line application Apply Now Free
- Official transcripts of previous education with English translation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results (Point Park University TOEFL Institutional Code is 2676) and/or SAT/ACT results.
- Passport Identification page and visa page, if applicable
Minimum 500 (61 Internet Based Test)
- Minimum 6.0
The SAT and/or ACT test is required for applicants from the following countries
|Barbados||Grand Cayman Islands||Papua New Guinea||United Kingdom|
|Barbuda||Grenada||Sierra Leone||U.S.A. (Puerto Rico exempt)|
|Belize||Guyana||Saint Kitt and Nevis||Virgin Islands|
|Bermuda||Irish Republic||Saint Lucia||Zambia|
|Botswana||Jamaica||Saint Vincent and Grenadines||Zimbabwe|
|Canada (Quebec exempt)||Lesotho||Swaziland|
WAEC results for Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Gambia for first-year students are required.
Minimum SAT/ACT scores for acceptance is 950/18 respectively.
A cumulative weighted 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale in a recommended university preparatory program is required for straight acceptance into Point Park University. Including:
- 3 years of math including Algebra I, Algebra II, and/or Geometry
- 2 years of history or social science
- 3 years of science to include 1 year of a laboratory science
Forward all items to:
Point Park University
International Student Services & Enrollment
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984, U.S.A.
English Language Proficiency
Point Park University, in partnership with Duquesne University , University of Pittsburgh and the ELS Language Center, provides a variety of options in English language instruction. Successful completion in these programs allows you to matriculate to Point Park without taking the TOEFL or IELTS test to most of our programs. Conditional admission may also be offered upon eventual completion of these programs or one of Point Park's accepted standardized tests such as the TOEFL or IELTS.
Conditional Admission and TOEFL/IELTS Waivers
Point Park University will accept proof of completion of the following programs as satisfying the requirements for English proficiency:
- Duquesne University ESL Program Advanced Level B
- ELS Language Center Intensive Level 112
- University of Pittsburgh English Language Institute full-time level 5 or 6 with 85% or better in most courses and an overall average of 80%
Please let us know if you plan to enroll in or are currently a student with one of our partners.