Traditional Undergraduate Freshman and Transfer Undergraduate Admission Help Applying to Point Park University
Students with demonstrated English proficiency are invited to apply for admission as an undergraduate applicant. If you have questions, please email the ISSE at email@example.com. All requirement pieces must be received in order for an academic decision to be rendered.
Traditional International Undergraduate (Freshman and Transfer) Admission Requirements
- Completed and signed on-line application Apply Now Free
- Official transcripts of previous education with English translation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Duolingo English Test:100+- DET is not accepted
- Academic IELTS 6.0+
- TOEFL 61+ (Point Park Code:2676)
- SAT Verbal 470+ (Point Park Code: 2676)
- ACT English 17+
- If you have completed secondary (high school) schooling or are transferring from an university outside of the U.S. you are required to have a certified credential evaluation of your official transcripts using one of the following services:
- Passport Identification page and visa page, if applicable
English Proficiency is not required for citizens of the following countries:
|Barbados||Grand Cayman Islands||Papua New Guinea||United Kingdom|
|Barbuda||Grenada||Sierra Leone||U.S.A. (Puerto Rico exempt)|
|Belize||Guyana||Saint Kitt and Nevis||Virgin Islands|
|Bermuda||Irish Republic||Saint Lucia||Zambia|
|Botswana||Jamaica||Saint Vincent and Grenadines||Zimbabwe|
|Canada (Quebec exempt)||Lesotho||Swaziland|
A cumulative weighted 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale in a recommended university preparatory program is required for straight acceptance into Point Park University. Including:
- 3 years of math including Algebra I, Algebra II, and/or Geometry
- 2 years of history or social science
- 3 years of science to include 1 year of a laboratory science
An academic decision will be made within ten (10) business days after receipt of all pieces listed above. Upon acceptance, ISSE will contact you for required documents.
English Language Proficiency
Point Park University, in partnership with Duquesne University , University of Pittsburgh and the ELS Language Center, provides a variety of options in English language instruction. Successful completion in these programs allows you to matriculate to Point Park without taking the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test to most of our undergraduate programs. Conditional admission may also be offered upon eventual completion of these programs or one of Point Park's accepted standardized tests such as the TOEFL,IELTS or Duolingo.
Conditional Admission and TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo Waivers
Point Park University will accept proof of completion of the following programs as satisfying the requirements for English proficiency:
- Duquesne University ESL Program Advanced Level B
- ELS Language Center Intensive Level 112
- University of Pittsburgh English Language Institute full-time level 5 or 6 with 85% or better in most courses and an overall average of 80%
Please let us know if you plan to enroll in or are currently a student with one of our partners.